Anodyne 2 is a Grand Prize nominee for the 2020 Independent Games Festival!
Rescue A Mysterious Island From A Mind-Warping Plague
Nano Dust infects the islanders of New Theland, distorting their emotions and desires. You play as Nova, a Nano Cleaner who must explore the island, seeking out the sick and shrinking inside their bodies to suction up the Dust.
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust combines the thrilling scale and cinematic storytelling of 3D games with the tight design and easy-to-pick-up satisfaction of 2D Zelda-like adventures. With art that re-imagines the PS1 and N64 era, explore 3D cities, valleys, and wastelands then shrink into the varied 2D mindscapes of characters, from snowy, aurora-lit valleys to perilous volcanic construction sites!
Similar to the Final Fantasy franchise, there's no need to play the original Anodyne to understand the story in Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, but longtime fans will find connections between the two!
Pre-production started in early 2018, production began in mid-2018. Thanks to the "economical lo-fi" game design and production philosophy, the game was finished in July 2019 and will release in August 2019.
- In 3D, jump, drive, and walk across gorgeous and haunting locales, speaking with strange and memorable characters.
- In 2D, use your Nano Vacuum to collect dust, suck up and fight enemies, all while overcoming mind-bending challenges related to the characters. inner lives.
- Experience the thrilling and emotional story of Nova. Her destiny is clear: she is the Nano Cleaner who will save New Theland. But strange characters and painful experiences will put her loyalty to the test...
- Choose where you want to go! The sweeping vistas of New Theland quickly open up to exploration.
- The Cards you find on your journey will allow you to access the outer reaches of New Theland.
- No waiting for horses! Instantly transform into a car to quickly drive around the world.
- Use your Spark to shrink into the bodies of the infected, explore the 2D Zelda-like dungeons within, and heal them.
- Enjoy the lush, dreamy and breathtaking 3D and 2D landscapes painted and pixeled by artist Marina Kittaka.
- Listen to over 50 new songs influenced by countless genres by Melos Han-Tani, perfectly fitting the varied landscapes of Anodyne 2.
- A new game from the dream duo behind Anodyne 1, All Our Asias, and Even the Ocean.
Launch Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
(Based on a January 2019 Preview) Anodyne 2 feels like the product of several lessons coming home to roost, both in terms of how confidently it weaves together different gameplay styles and how much it nails old school Playstation visuals.Heather Alexandra, Kotaku
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust Credits
- Melos Han-Tani
- Programming, Marketing, Music, Sound, Business, Game Design, World Design, Coding, Subscenario Writing
- Marina Kittaka
- 2D Art, 3D Art, Animation, Main Story and Subscenario Writing, Game Design, World Design, Character Design
- The Indie Bros.
- Marketing + Outreach
- Press Contact for keys